Are you already tired of following that person and want to know how to delete someone else’s account on Instagram? Well, before seeing how to delete another person’s Instagram account, let’s try to analyze the reasons that are leading you to make this decision. You also need to verify if it is indeed possible and how to report an instagram account and get it deleted.
In Instagram everyone can create an account, it is not necessary to verify it with valid data. That is why anyone could create a “fake” account. It is for this reason that in this article we will teach you how to delete someone else’s Instagram account or delete an Instagram account that is not yours.
There is no doubt that, just like in real life, those who use social networks have to reinforce their security and integrity. Currently there are many mechanisms of abuse, fraud and harassment associated with these media.
Reporting fake accounts or profiles with abusive and inappropriate content, whether or not they’re impersonating someone, helps create a safer platform for all the thousands of users who access it.
Many people have had the experience of having their photos shared by third parties posing as them. This logically can have very negative consequences. False rumors can be created about the person, there can be a drop in followers and even the use of one’s name for criminal purposes.
Every day, cybercriminals seek to take over other people’s accounts. The objective is to ask for money or favors of any kind using another identity. And although it seems difficult to achieve, every day cases of identity theft are reported around the world.
The reasons why this happens can be diverse. It may be that someone is envious of a user (and her profile) and wants to harm her reputation or use her for different purposes. The best thing to do in this situation is to try and get the account closed. This way they won’t be able to upload any more stolen photos or confuse other people.
However, it is important to consider that thousands of new profiles are opened every day and the process can be a bit slow. However, if this were to happen to you, sooner or later you will be taken care of. Instagram takes the security issues of its users seriously.
The only problem is the large flow of daily complaints, so you must be patient. So let’s see how to delete another person’s account on Instagram.
You can use this method at any time. However, make sure you don’t use it for fun. Because it’s unethical.
Another case if the person is very annoying. Actually Instagram also provides report options for accounts like this. But sometimes it doesn’t really help. That’s when you can use this method of deleting someone else’s IG account.
Here are ways how to report an instagram account and get it deleted. Including how to report disturbing and abuseing accounts.
Reporting an Instagram Account
This report feature can be used for Instagram accounts that violate the provisions. For example:
- Using copyrighted content without permission.
- Posting content that violates the norms.
- Trading illegal goods.
- Or to report fake accounts.
If an account is reported (reported), it can result in some features in it being inaccessible. Or even closing the account by Instagram. Here’s how.
- Open and run the Instagram app on your cellphone.
- Find and open the Instagram profile you want to report.
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the profile page.
- Click the Report option.
- Click the It’s Inappropriate option.
- Click the Report Account option.
- Various options will appear, why you reported the account.
- Choose the option that is closest to your reasoning.
You have to wait one to three days for Instagram to follow up on your report. If your report matches, the Instagram account will be deleted.
It is important to choose the right option according to your report. Because if it does not match, then your report will not be processed.
Account Report Without Login
This second method is still both reporting an Instagram account. But you don’t need to go to the account’s profile page, but from the Instagram help center.
This way you only need a browser. So you can do it from either your Android smartphone or iPhone or your PC, desktop computer, or laptop. Here’s how to delete an Instagram account through the help center.
- From your browser menu, go to the Instagram help center at help.instagram.com
- Select the option ‘Someone created an account pretending to be me or my friend’.
- Fill in your name and email in the specified fields.
- Fill in the name and username of the account to be reported.
- Upload a photo of you holding your ID in JPEG format.
- Write your complaint in Additional Info.
- Click the Submit button.
There will be a confirmation email from IG stating they have received a report from you. If it is proven that the account is falsifying your data, then the account will be immediately deleted from Instagram permanently.
Deleting a Dead Person’s IG Account
People who have died certainly can’t delete their Instagram accounts themselves, can they? even though the posts in it may contain privacy. Or the heirs are worried that the IG will be hacked and misused by others.
Then the accounts of people who have died can also be deleted. The trick is through the Instagram help center. Previously you had to scan your death certificate, birth certificate and power of attorney to delete your Instagram account.
Here are the steps to delete a deceased person’s IG account.
- Open a web browser on your smartphone or desktop.
- Go to the Instagram help center page.
- Fill in your name and email address in the specified fields.
- Enter the full name, Instagram link and username of the account you want to delete.
- Fill in the account owner’s date of death.
- Upload the scanned results of the death certificate, birth certificate and power of attorney earlier.
- Write additional information about the reason why the Instagram account should be deleted.
- Click the send button.
It will take one to three days for Instagram to review your report. You can also ask a friend or family member of the deceased to send the same report.
- how to turn off two factor authentication instagram
- How To See Who Someone Recently Followed On Instagram
- How to find someone on Instagram by phone number
Instagram will review the report and you will receive the results in the next few days. To speed up this process, you can enlist the help of a friend or family member to submit a report as you did.
Can you get an Instagram account removed by reporting it?
How many reports are needed to shut down an account. Well, It’s a Matter Of Time, More than 10 reports are enough but You Have to wait until the reports are processed. In Some Cases, It Took 24 hours or less But Some times it took 2 or 3 days.
How do I get rid of a fake Instagram account?
If someone created an Instagram account pretending to be you, you can report it to us. Make sure to provide all the requested info, including a photo of your government-issued ID. If you have an Instagram account, you can report it to us from within the app, or by filling out this form.
That way the deletion report will be processed faster by Instagram. That’s how to report an instagram account and get it deleted. Hopefully the above information is useful for you.