Is the Instagram app you’re using starting slow or sluggish? Don’t worry, you can fix it by deleting Instagram’s cache and cookies so that it can be used again smoothly.
But unfortunately, there are still many smartphone users who don’t know how to clear cache and cookies on Instagram. Even many who do not know what cache and cookies are.
Simply put, a cache is a collection of files retrieved from site data which is then stored for reuse. The goal is to make the site lighter when accessed again because the cache is already stored.
While cookies are files that store login information. For example, if you have just logged into your Instagram account, then the cookie data will be saved so you don’t need to log in again when opening Instagram.
This collection of cookies and cache data is stored on your device. And not only on Instagram, this Techpk site also applies cache and cookies so that visitors can access it smoothly.
Clearing cache and cookies must be done from the application used to access them. For example, if you open an instagram account via the Google Chrome browser, then Google Chrome is the one who needs to delete the cache data and cookies.
Or for example, you use the Instagram application to access your instagram account, then the Instagram application must delete its cache data and cookies.
For more details regarding how to clear Instagram cache and cookies, Techpk reviews it in full below.
How to Clear Instagram Cache
Clear cache is often used when the performance of the Instagram application starts to slow down. This is true, because cache files that accumulate can affect the performance of the Instagram application, making it slow.
Here’s how to clear the Instagram app cache:
- First, open your smartphone’s settings menu.
- Then enter the application menu.
- Next, select the Instagram app.
- Then select the Storage usage menu.
- Tap on the Clear Cache option section.
Now, you have successfully cleared the cache from the Instagram app. The picture from the guide above is using an phone Huawei, but basically it won’t be much different from the phone brand in general.
How to Delete Instagram Cookies
As previously explained above, cookies function to store login data. So if you delete the Instagram application’s cookie data, the Instagram application will return as if it was newly installed.
How to delete Instagram app cookies data:
- Go to the settings menu of your smartphone.
- Then go into the application menu.
- Then you have to select the Instagram app.
- Go into the Storage usage menu.
- Tap on the Clear Data option section.
If you have followed the guide above, then all data stored on the Instagram application such as login data and stored features will be deleted.
The Instagram app will return as new and you will need to enter your login data to log into your Instagram account. In addition, saved features such as Instagram filters must be reloaded and require internet.
Clear Instagram Cache and Cookies in Browser
If you are an Instagram user via a browser, then you can also delete cache data and cookies. But you can do it through the browser application.
Here’s how to clear the Instagram cache in the browser:
- Run a browser app (Google Chrome for example).
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Then select the History menu.
- Press the blue text Clear browsing data.
- Specify the time range you want.
- Check the Cookies and site data and Cached images and files boxes.
- Then press the Clear data button.
- Check the Instagram section, then tap Delete.
After that, all data and information from the Instagram site will be deleted from the browser. Very easy isn’t it?
- how to report Instagram account
- how to see private Instagram
- How to Disable Last Seen and Online Status on Instagram
What is cache on Instagram?
Cache is a collection of retrieved files that makes loading lighter when re-accessed because the cache is already stored.
What happens if the Instagram cache is cleared?
If the cache is cleared, then loading the Instagram application will take longer than before because it has to reload.
How to clear Instagram app cache?
You just need to go to the Instagram app settings menu, then clear Instagram data and cache.