how to add a link to instagram story, As one of the most popular social media, Instagram is constantly updating and adding features to please users.
So that in the end users are more comfortable opening this photo and video sharing application.
Some of these new features include insta stories and IGTV.
Insta stories allow users to share everyday stories with their followers. This kind of feature is similar to the one on Snapchat.
While IGTV allows users to upload videos with a duration of more than one minute. As is known, we can only upload videos with a maximum duration of one minute on regular uploads.
On insta stories we can upload text, photos, videos, live shows, and also boomerang videos that are popular with today’s children.
To make insta stories more interesting, there are also many variations of additional features such as adding animations, emojis, and tagging friends.
For those who use Instagram as a business promotion tool, or a very helpful feature, swipe up. Where with this feature users can embed a link on their insta story.
Also Read: how to make Instagram Private
So that through this link, followers can be directed to the website or Youtube channel.
Of course, this feature is very useful for bringing traffic to the website or channel that is managed. And this can mean an increase in turnover as well.
Because generally a lot of traffic is directly proportional to a large turnover.
But unfortunately this feature does not apply to all Instagram accounts.
Requirements for Adding Links to Instagram Stories
There are terms and conditions that must be met to be able to enjoy these features, namely:
1. The account used is an Instagram Business account.
So, it can’t be with a personal account. Must be changed to a business account to enjoy this feature.
2. Have a minimum of 10,000 followers (followers)
This is not an easy condition. Having
10,000 followers certainly requires effort on its own. In addition to being active and consistent in posting on Instagram, you must also create interesting and creative content.
Those are the conditions that must be met to be able to use the swipe up feature (embed a link in insta stories).
If our account has met these requirements, actually how to add a link on an Instagram story is very easy.
how to add a link to instagram story
Here are the steps:
- Open Instagram as usual, then open the menu to create a new Instagram story.
- After going to the story menu, then select the photo / video / text that will be used as a story.
- To add a link to a story, select the link icon (image of two chains) at the top of the screen.
- Then select “add link” then enter the desired URL. We can enter the URL of a website or Youtube channel to direct followers and increase traffic.
- Add a Call to Action (CTA) sentence to direct followers to see your story. The CTA sentence can be like “Swipe UP”, “Swipe Up for more”, “More info”, or other solicitation sentences.
- Finally, just publish the story. There is a “ to a friend ” or “ your story ” option. So that more people can see the story, you should select “ Your story ”.
That’s how to add a link on Instagram story (swipe up). The method is easy, but there are conditions that must be met first.